FAQ - Thailand - Visa

Travel Forums Asia FAQ - Thailand - Visa

Page 1 ...
Last Post
101. Posted by Hien (Travel Guru 3906 posts) 14y Star this if you like it!


Hey, ive read this and still havent got a clue, maybe still a bit early in the morning for me

anyway, im thinking of going to Thailand for aprox 5-6 weeks but in that time im going to go visit Vietnam & maybe somewhere else.

How do i go about applying for a 60 day tourist visa ? and how much is it ?

many thanks

Check this out: http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/visa_inst.html

You don't have to go all the way to the Thai Embassy in London. There's a Thai Consulate in Glasgow and you can submit your visa application there.

You can also go there without a getting a visa. As a UK citizen, you'll receive a social visit pass (this is not a visa) which allows you to stay for 30 days (if you enter by air) or 15 days (if you enter by land). Before the pass expires, leave Thailand to go to Vietnam (and somewhere else). Then when you come back, you'll receive another 15- or 30-day social visit pass again. Bear in mind that if you enter without a visa, you may be asked by the immigration to provide proof of onward travel. Although it appears that many people don't get asked to show the proof, there have been reports from TP members here (UK citizens) that they were requested for proof of onward tickets.

102. Posted by ANNANBHOY (Budding Member 6 posts) 14y Star this if you like it!

thanks guys you have been a great help !

103. Posted by samwalker1 (Budding Member 3 posts) 14y Star this if you like it!

Tourist Visa:

You can apply a tourist Visa in your Home Country or any Country outside Thailand, at a Thai embassy or consulate.

A valid ticked in and out of Thailand is required. Tourist Visas are for a 60 days stay in Thailand and can be extended for another 30 days at any immigration office in Thailand, for a fee.

The total stay is up to 90 days with a single entry tourist Visa. Departure and entry points are all countries around Thailand like Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos or Kampuchea.


Posts 104 - 107 were removed by moderators
108. Posted by Face (Budding Member 14 posts) 13y Star this if you like it!


I read a lot but wanted to ask some one who know better.

I want to go to Thailand in April. I want to stay at least for a six months (after that i look what im gonna do)

So my question is: What visa i need? I live near Finland and finland thai embassy would be better place to do visa.

So little time left so I appreciate all who can help.

(pardon my english)

Face :)

109. Posted by amirthgdss (First Time Poster 1 posts) 13y Star this if you like it!

Generally, a foreign citizen who wishes to enter the Kingdom of Thailand is required to obtain a visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or a Royal Thai Consulate-General. However, nationals of certain countries do not require a visa if they meet visa exemption.


Moderator comment: please see Forum Rules

[ Edit: Sorry, no promos please. Link to Forum Rules added. ]

110. Posted by damen1786 (Budding Member 22 posts) 13y Star this if you like it!

ok, i will be flying to thailand in june, travelling there, loas, cambodia and vietnam before flying out of kuala lumpur 5 month later! this is the only proof i have of onwards travel. how will i go about getting through customs?

Page 1 ...

Last Post