crimnal offence

Travel Forums Round the World Travel crimnal offence

1. Posted by sammiuk1 (First Time Poster 1 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

me and my family are taking a 2 week trip to the us in september but we may have a slight problem.
a family member got arrested for being drunk and disordley. it was in the uk. it was in her marred name (whom is now divorced) but i am wondering if this will cause any problems for them entering the us.her passport will no longer be in her married name.
i would be greatful if somebody would answer me.

2. Posted by Mr Gecko (Inactive 34 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

you will have 100% no problem for the following reasons:

change of name but more important that if you changed your name then you changed your passport.

anytime you change your passport your passport id changes too! this is a very unique alpha-numberic code located on the passport.

put it this way, if the american government were looking for you then they will get you, is the us government looking for you? i dont think so.

it is safe for you to travel, one is not at trisk to the americans...that is your partner of course.

3. Posted by zebedee (Budding Member 10 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

But essentially I think you will be OK as an arrest is not a conviction and in any case D&D would be excluded if my reading of the above is correct

4. Posted by ikey (Full Member 172 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

There is no way she will have a problem, I've been chucked in the slammer a few times for being drunk in public and it has never been a problem while travelling.
It may be different in UK but in Aus they just put you in a cell until you sober up then let you out - no record, no court date, no conviction, just a couple of hours sleep then your on your way again. I'm pretty sure it would be the same deal in the uk?

[ Edit: Edited on Feb 6, 2007, at 4:11 PM by ikey ]