working in thailand as teacher

Travel Forums Asia working in thailand as teacher

1. Posted by joey22 (Respected Member 561 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

does anyone have any info about working in thailand as english teacher?

what sort of visa do i need and can i apply for one if i don't have a job there yet?


joey :)

2. Posted by vegasmike6 (Travel Guru 3580 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

I am going to send you a helpful website in a PM.

3. Posted by wildfk (Respected Member 465 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

Here's's address

You could get a job before coming here or better still spend some time looking around. decide what sort of teaching you want to do, school (govt/private) language school or busim#ness English etc etc....

To get a job teaching English you must have a degree and a TEFL certificate.

If you get a job they should do all the paperwork for you
The visa you need is a non-immigrant "B".
The usual procedure is to approach the consulate in your country with all the documentation provided by your school/company and they will issue you with a 3 month single entry.
However you cannot get a non im "B" in Thailand, so you will have to go to somewhere like Singapore to get one.
However it is possible that you may get a "B" visa before you arrive if you say the right things to your local consul, this saves a lot of hassle.