Visa Questions for Europe

Travel Forums Europe Visa Questions for Europe

1. Posted by Ranni (Budding Member 8 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

I am female in my early 20s, living in USA. I was born in India but moved to USA about 5 years ago. I am Green Card holder in USA which allows me to stay and work in US. BUT I still have Indian passport and Citizenship. I know I can become US citizen and get American Passport. But I think I want to hold on to my Indian citizenship for few years.

So here is the thing..

After finishing my college in USA, I would like to live/work in Europe for few months. I heard there are some nanny jobs for girls in Europe. BUT many say that you have to be American Citizen to do those jobs. So what kind of work can I find in Europe with American green card and Indian citizenship?

I just want to live in Europe for few months. I would like to be making some money to support my self while I am there. Are there any kinds of jobs I can do? I am willing to work in shops or bars. And Do I have to apply for Visa for each county I enter? Or there is one Visa for most European countries?

Any help would be great


2. Posted by neuron (Budding Member 3 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

Yes definitely, being a green card holder does not exempt you from getting a VISA TO Europe. I think qualification would definitely depends on your capability to support yourself while in the foreign country. Next is, visa should state that you are allowed to work in Europe, or else, that would be legal for you to work during your stay. You may ,however, google this to acquire a full length answers of your concerns.


[ Edit: sorry, no promos in the forum please. ]

3. Posted by stuthkfl (Budding Member 115 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

hi Rani,
if you take schengen visa, you are allowed to entry all schengen countries. The 15 Schengen countries are: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden. All these countries except Norway and Iceland are European Union members.

but to work in Europe, I guess you should get a residence permit and working visa from the country that you want to work in, unless you wanna work as illegal.

I don't know but I just there's a programme called au pair. Let you google it before you apply for any visa.