Skip Navigation

Traveling to USA from UK with Minor Convictions

Travel Forums North America Traveling to USA from UK with Minor Convictions

1. Posted by Dancam (First Time Poster 1 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

I am hopefully traveling to Vegas this year on holiday (in around 2 months time) - however i have 2 minor convictions.

1) Drink Driving (DR10) - 1 Year Driving Ban
2) Breach of the Peace - £100 Fine (i think - could have been more or less??)

Both of these were committed over 2 years ago. Can i travel to the USA on holiday as normal without having any additional forms or paper work? Please advise. Cheers.

2. Posted by Isadora (Travel Guru 13926 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

I highly recommend contacting the Consular's office at the US Embassy in the UK. Though your convictions are of a minor nature and over 2 years old, it is still wise to check with the proper authorities. What one immigration agent may ignore, another may not. Though I doubt you would have any problems, once said... No one wants to be put back on a plane for home immediately upon their arrival. The Embassy will be able to explain exactly what needs to be done to avoid un-necessary problems.

Yes, other members may respond and say you will have no problems or that they had a similar situation and all was fine. Again, each person's experience will not be the same as another's. Get the facts.

Enjoy Vegas!!!

3. Posted by jth70 (Budding Member 37 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

as long you not driving in the states without a permit you should be fine,and also is not you going to tell custom agent at the airport your sheet, and they are not anything you done time for and mayor I think you should be fine, there are people in this country with far mayor criminal records and they are still walking the streets... believe me I work in the media...

but always check, the prblem is with who...