Skip Navigation

International Student

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific International Student

1. Posted by fi-fi (First Time Poster 1 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

Hi guys

Just wondered if anyone could offer me any advice??!!!

I’m currently in Australia nearing the end of my fantastic trip!!

I have found a course that I want to come back and do in February at Tafe. I’m trying to navigate the websites but I just need to know do the fees for international students have to be paid in one lump sum before I start the course????

Also regarding the working part of the student visa would I be right in thinking you can not apply for the rights to work until you start your course???

Is there any other international students here that could recommend doing this??

Thanks!! 

2. Posted by clemondo (Full Member 17 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

I'm not sure about it, but I've heard from friends that you do have to pay the full amount at the start of each semester. Regarding the work visa as a student, you can work a maximum of 28 hours a week during the study semester but up to ?40 hours a week when there is a study break. Don't quote me on this.