1. Posted by island kid (Budding Member 2 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

Do i really need a working visa in australia or can i go there with a holiday visa and work under the table, i heard this was this the case years and years ago?????

2. Posted by makka (Respected Member 248 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

im sure there are companies who are willing for such persons to work for them without a visa (tax reasons etc etc) - but youve got to ask yourself ... do u really want to be having to sleep with one eye open all the time your working under such conditions .... surely its not that much effort to fill in an application form (online) - and pay the relavant few?

3. Posted by hey_monkee (Respected Member 430 posts) 11y Star this if you like it!

Of course you can work under the table, you can do that almost anywhere - its just whether you're willing to take that risk I guess. It'll mean a bit more effort in your job search though and you're also limiting your work options by doing it that way, ie. you'll be mostly doing seasonal work, and even then most employers like their employees to be above board and declaring tax. So.......you could give it a go of course, but will probably find life all round easier if you get a WHV :)