PLease help. texas trip

Travel Forums North America PLease help. texas trip

1. Posted by joshy112 (Budding Member 12 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

i have a friend i met working in greece with this summer. i am 19 and from the uk.... i want to go out and see him for the summer and he has lined me up with a job working in cocan in a restaurant ? i know i need a visa and i know they are hard to get.,.. anyone know which visa is needed ? and how hard is it to get?
what happens if i work without a visa?
i here alot of mexicans do this ?

2. Posted by Calcruzer (Travel Guru 2004 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

You need a work visa.

If you are caught without one, you will be deported.
To be blunt, it's not very likely that you will be caught, though--but why take that chance? Especially, since it means you will probably not be allowed (legally) back in the country ever again.

[ Edit: Edited on Jan 14, 2008, at 11:46 PM by Calcruzer ]

3. Posted by jekalo (Full Member 118 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

I am a little confused, where is it you are going? Is it Greece or 'Texas? Visas to the U.S. for a U.K. resident should be a piece of cake. I never heard of a town in Texas called cocan, what part of the state is it in. There are a lot, maybe a million, illegal Mexican workers in the state but I can't recomend trying to get a job without the right documentation. Just not worth the potential penaltys.