philippines visa

Travel Forums Asia philippines visa

1. Posted by bwiiian (Travel Guru 769 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

I just bought my flight from HK to philippines and expected to stay there for 21 days, which is the maximum you are allowed to stay without getting a visa. However, i didn't realise that this year is a leap year and i booked from 15th feb to the 7th march which is 22 days. Do you think I will have a problem at the airport as the Philippine visa system is notoriously corrupt, or do you think I will be ok?

Cheers for any advice.

2. Posted by NantesFC (Respected Member 531 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

I've been to the Philippines quite a few times and each time it seemed as if they were laser scanning my passport for any irregularities. Perhaps it's just their customs policy, I'm not sure. Either way, there is a very big problem with corruption in the system that the government are trying real hard to deal with. Assuming you don't run into corrupt officials, you'll most likely get a polite warning (Though, don't be surprised if they enforce a 1000 peso fine)

If you want to get an extension you can do so in Mandaue (A suburb of Cebu City). Are you flying into Cebu or Manila?

3. Posted by bwiiian (Travel Guru 769 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

I am flying into Cebu but I am not staying there as I am going straight away to Bacolod. The last time I was in Philippines I went through passport control quite quickly, but I do know about the corruption that takes place there. I guess I just have to hope that they are feeling in a good mood on the day I leave!

4. Posted by missmatch. (Full Member 21 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!


Maybe you can inquire with the Department of Foreign Affairs[b] regarding your Visa concern, even though you just plan to extend your stay here in the Philippines for just one day. At least you won't be bothered by your Visa problem once you're here. And no need to add to the corrupt acts of some officials around here.

I believe its quite easy to extend your stay. You can either:
(1) apply to the Philippine Embassy in your Country fo a Philippines Visa or to the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs – 2330 Roxas Boulevard, Passay City in Metro Manila; OR
(2) leave your passport with a local travel agent. They'll make the necessary arrangements for a fee. By far, its the most convenient

Once you extend, you can visit even more places!

Check out the following sites: