Canadian version of J1

Travel Forums North America Canadian version of J1

1. Posted by Lorcan (Budding Member 59 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

hey guys i was wondering if anyone could help.

i know there is a J1 visa for students looking to work in the US over the summer, which is really good for me because im an irish student so i can go out with actually having a job yet (or so that's what i was told...if im wrong please tell me!)
but i was wondering if there is such a working visa available for Canada because im looking to spend the summer there and work maybe in Montreal (i speak french)

any help at all would be great!

2. Posted by hey_monkee (Respected Member 430 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

There must be a Canadian version of this visa as students/young people can work in the ski fields of Canada over the winter, or in hospitality and other areas over the summer. Look up a travel exchange site such as IEP, you should be able to find the right info there :)

3. Posted by GregW (Travel Guru 2635 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

Check out the page on Canada in the travel guide. It has information on student visas and WHP, as well as the relevant links to the govt of Canada websites you will want to look at.