Skip Navigation


Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific hellllllllppppp

1. Posted by tays (Budding Member 43 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

right i have just had my 2nd year whv rejected :( but i still want to go out to oz i dont have internet access at home but would asponsership be my only hope of getting back out there? i know a guy who would like to sponser me in sydney. how would i go about this how difficult are they and would the rejection of my 2nd year whv go against me

2. Posted by LusciousLu (Budding Member 72 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

Is it a second WHV for Oz? Did you do the correct extra 3 month rural/agricultural work in order to gain the 2 year visa?

As far as I am aware, you need to have completed this work to gain an extension. You cant just get a second year in Oz without working for least that is what I have read. Once you have done your one year in Oz, you cant go back again.

Sponsorship is certainly a way of doing it. My sis is going out on a tourist visa in a week (she did her WHV 3 years ago) and is going to try and nail a sponsorship as she has the skills needed in marketing.

Head to the immigration website if you can, or failing that go to a library or bookshop to get Living and Working In Australia or any other useful books that might be able to give you more better advice.

You could try calling a company like Real Gap in Tunbridge Wells as they may be able to give you a straight answer (very nice people there). Dont bother with Australia House, thats for sure...a. its Australia House and b. its an automated voice message so useless anyway!

Good luck.

3. Posted by tays (Budding Member 43 posts) 10y Star this if you like it!

hey lu thanks for your reply. I worked 2 days under the 90 days needed and therefore i was automaically refused i have appealed but thats unlikely to get anywhere. i worked for a guy in sydney harbour who said he would like to sponser me im just abit concerned about the whole 2nd whv being rejected and that it might go against me.