help needed reguarding visa

Travel Forums North America help needed reguarding visa

1. Posted by tays (Budding Member 43 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

hi i am looking to go to the states in 2009 and i havent got a clue about the entry requirements etc. i would like to work temporarily out there whilst i am travelling around!! i guess kind of like the australian working holiday visa.. im from england.. how shall i go about this??

2. Posted by Calcruzer (Travel Guru 2007 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

Start at the following site, and just click on the links about "Visiting the US"

Enjoy your trip to the US

3. Posted by MRB_IEP (Budding Member 17 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

Just check BUNAC UK for details on how to get a working holiday visa for the USA....

Work America
Summer Camp USA
Kamp USA

4. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

CCUSA and Twin also offer programmes for the USA. A number of these, including those mentioned above by Martijn from IEP (subsidiary of BUNAC), require you to be a full-time student but not all.

5. Posted by aharrold45 (Travel Guru 1281 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

For most countries citizens apart from Canadian's working in the US is almost out of the question unless you are some elite sportsman, actor, doctor or other qualified jobs. Certinaly nothing of the same nature as the working visa Australia and UK has exists in the US. Anything I have seen does not let you work briefly in one place and then move on and keep that process going for the length of the visa. The government in the US obviously has not thought about it too much and has not seen how successful the whole thing is between the Australian government and the UK government, because if they had they would have bought the same thing in years ago.

6. Posted by MRB_IEP (Budding Member 17 posts) 15y Star this if you like it!

@ aharrold45... Fortunately there are exceptions. For instance, Kiwis and Aussies are lucky as they now have the opportunity to do basically any job, anywhere in the USA on the new 12 months J-1 visa. This program is a pilot program for 2 years that recently started.

If you're a Kiwi check IEP NZ's Work USA Plus.

If you're an Aussie check IEP Australia's Work USA.

This new 12 months USA program is only open to full time tertiary students and recent graduates though. So if you're interested in gaining some real work experience in the USA, then don't miss out on this unique opportunity.