Skip Navigation

Help with travelling to canada

Travel Forums North America Help with travelling to canada

1. Posted by missclumsy (First Time Poster 1 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!


Im from the UK and looking into going to Canada in 2010 for a year, while im there i really want to work and travel. Ive looked at a number of companys but they all require you to be either about to attend uni, be currently studying a degree or be a gradute, i unfortunately am neither.
So far the best company seems to be BUNAC as they offer a placement for both students and non-students, however they seem pretty limited on what areas you can work in. Can anyone recommend any other companys or if its possible to do a working holiday independantly?


2. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!

As far as the "Work Canada" program offered by BUNAC, I believe you are able to work in almost any capacity, and anywhere in Canada - I just checked on their website, and you get an open work authorisation with the ability to work anywhere in Canada.

3. Posted by chemgal (Full Member 149 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!

mojorob is completely right, you can work independently with BUNAC. They just help you get the visa and provide orientation when you first arrive.
BUNAC is a very reputable organisation and by my understanding they are the only one in the UK who can issue the visas for Canada.

4. Posted by outdooren (Full Member 86 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!

If you are under 30 you are eligible for the workers holiday visa. Check out the Canadian Embassy site, or contact an embassy near you. Western Canada's tourist areas offers a lot of job opportunities for non-students/non-educated/travellers etc...and even working without a visa is possible in these areas. There are so many jobs in Alberta for example, you need not worry.