Skip Navigation

EU travel visa

Travel Forums Europe EU travel visa

1. Posted by fuoco_man (First Time Poster 1 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!

How do I go about aquiring a visa for the EU, I want to go with my friend for about 1 year or so and can't really get any solid visa info.

2. Posted by t_maia (Travel Guru 3290 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!

Well, what nationality are you? And why do you want to go to Europe for a whole year? Any specific countries you are interested in?

It is not possible to get tourist visa for Europe that are longer than 90 days (the UK is the exception), you need to apply for a residency permit.

Also read this article:

3. Posted by Hien (Travel Guru 3906 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!

The Schengen Visa which covers most of continental Europe allows you to stay for a maximum of 90 days within a 6-month period. Like t_maia says, anything more than that and you'll need to apply for residency permit. Different countries have different policies and requirements in granting the residency permit, and it usually involves employment or study.