Skip Navigation

Thailand re-entry permit question

Travel Forums Asia Thailand re-entry permit question

  • 1
  • 2
Last Post
11. Posted by RobR (Budding Member 21 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

Quoting wildfk

I''ve had non immigrant "O" and "B" on the same day - in fact within the hour. It depends on the consulate.
If you are Canadian my guess is that you don't need a visa and you will get on arrival by

AIR - 30 days permission to stay stamped on your passport at immigration......

If you enter or re-enter by LAND you'll receive a 15 day permission of stay. This is now allowed for any number od visits in one year.

Go to or phone your local consulate.

Yeah, I know that the VOA is available to me. I want to go with a visa though, because I won't have a return ticket and I want to be able to cross land boarders with out being limited to 15 days within Thailand.

12. Posted by wildfk (Respected Member 463 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

30 and 15 day stamps are NOT VOAs - these are merely a permission to stay without a visa. VOAs are available to other countries who don't have a visa-less agreement with Thailand - if you follow the signs to VOA at Suvarnabhumi you will go to the wrong place.

It is the airlines rather than immigration who will turn you back without and onward ticket.
Immigration just needs to be convinced you are leaing the cuntry within the allotted time.

Tourist visa are - as you say your best option - and I suggest if you go in person to a Consulate - especially an "honorary" consulate you should be able to do it within the day - just make sure you have the right docos with you.

Post 13 was removed by a moderator
  • 1
  • 2