Skip Navigation


Travel Forums North America USA VISA HELP!!!

1. Posted by Elisa_89 (First Time Poster 1 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

Hi....I am currently living in Taiwan, and my boyfriend and I are going back to our home country. However, we are passing through the USA, and plan to stay 3 days visiting his family. I have a tourist visa, however he only has a traveller's visa. We have looked everywhere online, and some websites say it's allowed to stay up to 29 days with a tourist visa, some websites say the transit has to be immediate. When he got his transit visa, he was told by the lady in charge he could stay up to 29 days, however, here in Taiwan we heard he wasn't allowed to stay at all...Has anyone had similar situations? Does anyone know if he can stay some days in the USA with a transit visa!? we are travelling soon and have no time or money to change our plane ticket :(

thank youuuu :)

2. Posted by Redpaddy (Inactive 1004 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

You should contact your nearest US Embassy and ask them. They will put you in touch with the visa section who will answer your questions in full.

3. Posted by gocebe (Inactive 48 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

According to US Immigration website one can stay in the country up to 29 days on C-1 visa.