Skip Navigation

US or Canadian WHM VISA

Travel Forums North America US or Canadian WHM VISA

1. Posted by cleanboy (Budding Member 58 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

So i was chatting to some people the other day and the word on the street is that you can now do a working holiday visa in america?? I dont suppose anyone has more information on this or at least a url with some more info?

...also its kinda complicated for me...

I only have a German passport but im currently backpacking australia and everytime i try and search for information about this the internet always thinks im australian because im searching in australia and so only gives me information on how australians should go about applying for these kinds of visas.

this info is hard to find for both america and canada but apparently these visas are available for people with german passports.

...thanks in advance...

2. Posted by Blinq (Inactive 341 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

There are different types of work visa available in the US as far as I can gather. Have a look at: H1B Visa Center

3. Posted by Redpaddy (Inactive 1004 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

If you're backpacking in Australia, why not get in touch with the US Consulate in Canberra and see if you can arrange an appointment to see someone. It works much along the lines of getting your questions together at one interview and going back to get the answers at a second interview. A phone call to them wouldn't go amiss.
They also have Consular Services in all 7 Australian Mainland Territories.
Good luck.