Skip Navigation

which work australia programme?

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific which work australia programme?

Last Post This thread is marked as being about Australia
1. Posted by Kiara (Budding Member 2 posts) 13y Star this if you like it!

hey there

im planning on travelling around australia for 10 months with a friend. We need a trustworthy, reasonably priced programme to go with. We were interested in going with bunac but its so expensive, does anyone know if it would be worth the extra cost? Is there any other recomended programmes?

kiara xx;)

2. Posted by lil j (Travel Guru 1303 posts) 13y Star this if you like it!

hi kiara,

have you looked into the work and Travel company, search them on google and you should find their website, they are based in Sydney and do a few programmes that seem reasonable, i ordered a brochure-they seem quite good, although i dont know much about them but they are worth a look at anyway! they offer programmes that suit you whether you want to be an independant traveller or if you want that little bit extra. let us know how it goes.

Good luck

Jas x

3. Posted by happycat (Budding Member 37 posts) 13y Star this if you like it!


I travelled with Bunac to Oz earlier this year, they are more expensive but worth it if its your first time travelling alone. As your travelling with a friend you will get a much better deal if you book your own flights and stopovers on the way home.

A few weeks before you leave they provide you with a list of names and contact details so you can start contacting people and arrange to meet before the flight. There was 29 of us and we stuck together on our 2 night stopover in Hong Kong. Once we got to Sydney, after a week people started to drift off to different places.

Its easy to open a bank account, just take your passport, you can get a PO box for your post and your bank card unless of course you intend to take money out on your UK account. It doesn't take long to obtain a Tax File Number...if you intend to work legally you must have one.

Hope this helps.