Skip Navigation

Customised Front Pages - Are you using them?

Travel Forums System Talk Customised Front Pages - Are you using them?

1. Posted by Peter (Admin 6259 posts) 6y Star this if you like it!

Some changes are being considered to the Travellerspoint front page.

One of the biggest things we're looking at is possibly removing the customisable home page. So, the question is, would any of you care about this change ? :) If so, what content in particular would you be sad about losing from the home page in a potential shake-up?

I can post some screengrabs and possibly a working demo even in the coming days showing what we're thinking of. First though, it would be great to get feedback on how you use the home page and how precious you are about it!

2. Posted by Sander (Moderator 5163 posts) 6y Star this if you like it!

95% of the time I visit travellerspoint, I just go straight to the forum and never see the front page. For the remaining 5% of visits, I do like the customized front page; I have all the bits of information I care about right there (specifically bits of information for which I wouldn't bother visiting the full pages, where otherwise I wouldn't know that they'd been updated when they are (e.g. comments on my photos)), without having to see the bits I don't care about.

I'd miss customized front pages if they went away, but wouldn't be terribly upset.

[ Edit: Edited on 28-Apr-2011, at 09:20 by Sander ]

3. Posted by Isadora (Travel Guru 13926 posts) 6y Star this if you like it!

Like Sander, I rarely visit my TP home page and go straight to the forums. The only things I would miss are the new members list and the link to 'More Travellerspoint Stats' as I view those quite often for multiple reasons. Other than that, I use my browser history and the TP tool bar to 'tool' around TP.

4. Posted by Peter (Admin 6259 posts) 6y Star this if you like it!

Ok, well, that's not really a strong reaction against change in any case :)

The stats will still be there, so that's no problem.

It will be good to know what other content is really valued (like recent comments on photos), so that we can look at ways of ensuring they are still available. They might not be on the front page, but we could redo the Control Panel to allow custom content in there like the front page has now.