Skip Navigation

1. Posted by ericsolomon (Budding Member 4 posts) 6y Star this if you like it!

Helo friends,

I am eric from India and want to go to Australia or NZ and search for a part time work for earning, Can any one advise me how can I be in australia or NZ and what are procedures, what is the easy way and can we get this easily???


2. Posted by Jsibel (Budding Member 6 posts) 6y Star this if you like it!

Hi Eric,

I entered Australia with a Work and Holiday Visa. You can find information here:

The visa is for people aged 18 to 30. The restrictions on the visa, make it so that it's exactly what it's intended for: work and holiday. You can apply for the visa through the Australian Immigration Website.

The main restriction of the visa is that you are only allowed to work for 1 company for six months. There is an option to extend to a second year by completing 3 months regional work (fruit picking, etc). However, this is not a long term option but rather an option for those looking to finance a trip traveling within Australia.

In reference to NZ, I haven't looked into that option. From my understanding, there is an age restriction, but you are able to work for the same company for the full year.

I hope this helps!

3. Posted by Sander (Moderator 5157 posts) 6y Star this if you like it!

Unfortunately for Eric, neither Australia nor New Zealand (nor any other country) makes a working holiday visa available for Indian citizens. So you'd have to go there on a regular work visa, being sponsored by a company or having a highly in demand skill (nursing, IT, ...).
Start reading here for Australia, or here for New Zealand, but I suspect that whatever options will actually be available to you, none of them will classify as "easy".