Skip Navigation

Require for information to travel in UK

Travel Forums Europe Require for information to travel in UK

1. Posted by ymian (First Time Poster 1 posts) 5y Star this if you like it!

Dear all,

I'm very interesting to work and travel in Uk. But i have no idea for how to start a plan to go there... Some question i would like to ask those who are experienced or know about work and travel in UK:

(i) Is it i have to arrange all the things including accommodation and find the job by myself? If yes, is it i must find a job before i get there? Or any agency or company that is trust-able and is good to help Malaysian about this?
(ii) Normally how long for a Malaysian to work and travel in UK?
(iii) How much I should prepare before i start my work and travel in UK?
(iv) What kind of job is most popular and have a good income for traveler in UK? Is it that's really can cover my travelling expenses?

Anyone who had travel UK can share your experience to me?

Anyone also planning to go UK in this end of the year?

Thanks : )

2. Posted by amsel07 (Budding Member 55 posts) 5y Star this if you like it!

If you want to work in the UK, you need a work permit. The usual rule for any country in the EU is that the employer has to prove there is no local citizen or any other EU citizen who can do this particular job.
If you travel to the UK as a tourist and simply start to work , you may be subjected to exploitation - and there is nothing you can do about it, you cannot go to the police - and you may be deported if found out.
It's best to contact the British embassy or a British consulate to find out about the exact rules. But you need to know that the unemployment rate in the UK is rather high unfortunately.
Good luck.

Post 3 was removed by a moderator