Working Holiday Visa - Problem

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Working Holiday Visa - Problem

1. Posted by olliea (Budding Member 2 posts) 13y Star this if you like it!

Hi there, I'm new to this forum, so hello to everybody!

I'm from the UK and have recently recieved my working holiday visa for Australia which I hope to use from septemeber of this year. The big problem is that my fiance (we are getting married in August) has already had a working holiday visa (in 1997). Is there any way because we will be married that she can be added to my visa or are there any other ways she can gain legal access to the country? She is training as a lawyer in the uk so maybe voluntary or charity work could be another option?

Thanks in advance.


2. Posted by Sam I Am (Admin 5588 posts) 13y Star this if you like it!

A second working holiday visa is out of the question, but you can get a six month tourist visa without too much hassle which will allow her to do voluntary work. Another option could be a student visa .... OR, you could change the plans and head to NZ instead. There is more work and you can get a two year visa starting the first of July if you're from the UK! ;)

3. Posted by olliea (Budding Member 2 posts) 13y Star this if you like it!

Thanks for replying and the suggestion of new zealand. I work in the media as a video editor, any ideas where would be good for that in new zealand.