Car rental Valet or Driver

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Car rental Valet or Driver

1. Posted by roysten10 (Budding Member 15 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!

Hi guys, i will be heading to OZ to work for three months, i was told about this job where you are hired by a car rental agency to drive their cars or vans back to their place of origin. It sounds like a good way to travel around.

I am unsure if there is a name or title of this position that the Aussies us, perhaps someone could enlighten me :)



2. Posted by talesbackpack (Full Member 117 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!

The position is called "relocation driver."

However, most car rental agencies offer cheap one-way rental deals when they need to relocate back to the original location. Why pay someone to move it, if someone will pay them for the privilege?

The job does exist. I just don't think it's as common as it used to be.

Post 3 was removed by a moderator