Skip Navigation

Travel insurance

Travel Forums General Talk Travel insurance

1. Posted by MasterMole (Budding Member 17 posts) 4y Star this if you like it!

Does anyone know what kind of travel insurance I need to get if I'm planning on going travelling and will be doing things like diving and sky diving? And websites... Thaaaaanks :)

2. Posted by Sam I Am (Admin 5588 posts) 4y Star this if you like it!

Most 'adventure' travel insurances cover things like this, but double check what they call risky activities or adventure activities. There is a TON of competition in the travel insurance sector, especially in the UK. Personally I'd stay away from the 'too good to be true' prices, and go just a step up in terms of cost. It's hard to say for sure, but the main thing you want to avoid is paying for an insurance that, if something does happen, doesn't actually pay out anything. Look for the ones with reliable underwriters and/or partners. Travellerspoint is partnered with World Nomads, which in general I hear good things about, though you will also find people who got stuck on the wrong side of their terms and conditions, just like at any other insurance company...

Post 3 was removed by a moderator
4. Posted by MasterMole (Budding Member 17 posts) 4y Star this if you like it!

Thanks for the advice! I will get online ASAP and find the best one, keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't suck a chunk of my money away!

Posts 5 & 6 were removed by moderators