ETA (Australia)

Travel Guide Oceania Australia Visas ETA


Electronic Travel Authority

The ETA is like a visa, except that you do not receive a stamp or visa in your passport. You also don't need to visit an embassy to obtain it. Instead, you can submit an application through a travel agent, airline, or online.[1]

The ETA is valid for 12 months, in which period you can visit Australia multiple times, but never for more than 3 months. Depending whether you are visiting Australia for tourism/visiting friends and family, or you are visiting for business, there are two varieties of ETA, as outlined on the official immigration website.[1] You can not work with an ETA.



Who is eligible?

To apply for the ETA, you need to be outside Australia. Passport-holders from the following countries are eligible to apply for the ETA:

AsiaBrunei, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea
EuropeAndorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City
North AmericaCanada, United States

If you are not eligible to apply online, you will need to contact the Australia visa office for your country.[2]


  1. 1.1 1.2 [i]Internet Visa Services Australia[/i],
  2. 2 Immigration offices outside Australia,

ETA (Australia) Travel Helpers

We don't currently have any Travel Helpers for ETA (Australia)

This is version 4. Last edited at 13:47 on Aug 3, 10 by Utrecht. 1 article links to this page.

Creative Commons License
Except where otherwise noted, content of this article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License